9/26/2007

~*~ Are You Interested..In FoOd Stuff?~*~

ATTENTION PLEASE..

Salam Alikom..
Today..I decided to post something different..
somehting about my Dear..sWEeT..Love: FOoooooOD :D

Because i am studying to become a nutritionist insha Allah..I thought it would be good to start practising^_^
Here some simple facts when u go shopPing

1. vegetable oil is better than animal oil..--> cuz it has no cholesterol
best sources of vegi oil --> olive, corn, soybean, canola, safflower oil..note that cocunut and palm oil have more the Unhealthy type of fat in it..-->CALLED SATURATED FATTY ACIDS-->EAT IN MODERATION




2. Be careful from this WORD: " Hydrogenated vegetable oil" OR " TRans FATS" أو زيت نباتي مهردج when u buy cookies, chocolate, margarine, or any other food..why?

Because although it says it is vegetable oil..but it is changed into a chemmically different structure and are harmful & related to a higher risk of heart diseases...u will find this is many food products..so try to loosen up on them..shway shway..

3. Note that vege oil--> is liquid & has a light or trasparent colour in room temperature
بس لا تنسو انه في أنواع زيوت نباتية مهرجة (hydrogenated vege oil
وتكون صلبة في درجة حرارة الغرفة والأفضل استبدالها بالزيت النباتي السائل

4. when u look at the food INgredients:
ex: if u have a cornflakes product--> ingredients: wheat, sugar, honey,....
note: the first ingredient is wheat..which means..the highest percentage of the product is wheat..then sugar then honey.
.يعني ممكن فرضا نقول إن هذا الكورن فليكس يحتوي على 50% قمح و 30% سكر و10% عسل وهكذا بتخف النسبة
الله يعين على هل الشرح
فمثلا إذا شفتو كورنفليكس أو بسكويت وأول محتوى مكتوب سكر يعني الله يعين على هل النظام الغذائي لأنه نسية السكر تكون عاااااالية جدااااااا
5. when u buy cookies or cornflakes..try to find this label on it
" Whol-Wheat..OR Whole-Bran..Wheat-Bran" -->قمح كامل أو نخالف القمح-->عبارة عن ألياف
& fiber is good for the digestive system & constipation
We can find fiber..from fruits & vegetables-->خاصة القشور and from whole-wheat: bread, macaroni and pasta.
* Also some fiber binds to fats in our body--> it is good for lowering Blood Cholesterol
6. Do you know the difference between "Fruit Juice" & "Fruit Drink"?..well..although they both contain artificial chemicals and colours..
"Fruit Drink" is not as good as fruit juice..because it contains mainly water and sugar..and less juice in it..
This is all for now..let me know if u want me to post more info about nutritional stuff or not..cuz some ppl may find it Boring :D..3ady ya3ni..la tjamloon..and let me know what u think and what u already knew..
If you have any quesitons about Health OR Nutrition Or any topic u want me to talk about..let me know..I will do my best insha Allah ^__^

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

Thanks for the info Doc ;)

I only knew about the fruit drink and tans fat thing. The fruit drink because my 7th grade religion teacher was fanatic about health and ingrained that in my head. Transfat cuz it seems to get in trouble every now and then and they write about it in the media :P

I read ur post whilst I was fasting but I couldn't read the whole thing. That picture of raspberries was mouth and mind watering.

I don't have any qs right now but I'll ask ya when I'm in doubt ;)

Sank U @_@

Spring Blend said...

hey Dear..

ooh..masha allah..its really cool to know some ppl read and know about these things :D..although that makes me feel I am useless hehe bas really good masha Allah..keep it up..

Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits yum yum yuMMy

if u hear about any health or nutritional information in za media or newpapers or anywhere..let me know : )

thanx for commenting ya amar : )MISSYOU